1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question - buying sony hs50, but not yet

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Arkham Insane, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi im thinkin of getting a sony hs50 in june as my first projector for my home cinema. I realise the waiting list is long but dont mind as i need to build the cinema room first so can wait 6 weeks or so from june. my question is this, after reading a lot i found that for £1500 this is the best projector for me to buy in 2/3 months time, will there be new technology around or better models that have become cheaper? anything to look out for? the source will be a denon 2910 which is resonably 'future proofed', but the only thing i can see on the projector for future technology is the hdmi connection which i will use. Basically, will this still be the best buy for ~ £1500 in 2/3 months time. Any guesses to better models by then?

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,032
    If anything new has arrived, or is imminent, you will be certain to read about it in the forum. If you haven't read about anything new, then your current research is still valid. I personally haven't heard anything about new releases that ar due, but you never know :)

3. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ok, thanks il be keeping an eye on this forum for any developments. Your home cinema is amazing by the way, my room looks about the same size. im gona look at the pics again for some inspiration.