Quick question - buying DS in the states?

holden

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm currently staying in the states for a few weeks, and im seriously considering buying the DSlite (@ $129.00 I'd be a fool not to). However i'm worried that I will not be able to charge the battery back home.

Has anyone purchased one in the sates, or does any one know if it is OK to charge a US DS in the UK? Do I need to buy a seperate battery charger, or can I chrage it with a USB via the computer.

I appreciate any advice you guys can offer.

Thanks in advance.

holden said:
Hi

I'm currently staying in the states for a few weeks, and im seriously considering buying the DSlite (@ $129.00 I'd be a fool not to). However i'm worried that I will not be able to charge the battery back home.

Has anyone purchased one in the sates, or does any one know if it is OK to charge a US DS in the UK? Do I need to buy a seperate battery charger, or can I chrage it with a USB via the computer.

I appreciate any advice you guys can offer.

Thanks in advance.

If all else fails, Maplins can be your best friend as they sell good value step down transformers you can use. :)

I'm not sure if the charger is an auto switching dual voltage jobbie.

I'm sure there is a USB charger available which might be your best bet other than that you can get the chargers from Game for not alot of money now.

Neil

If you buy a UK ds lite charger when you return it will work fine on the us ds lite - my wife used to have a us ds original and used a uk charger on that and now has a japanese ds lite and uses my uk ds lite charger on that, no problems at all. Hope that makes sense!

Yeah, just buy a UK charger - it works perfectly.

Lyris said:
Yeah, just buy a UK charger - it works perfectly.

They are not that expensive either, Lik-sang will ship them from their european warehouse, I think they are under a fiver.

Thanks guys, very helpfull advice - Im on my way to Best Buy now!:)
Can you recomnded a couple of good games to start with??

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom