1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question - AE100 bulbs, where?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dystran, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Dystran

Dystran
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello I have an AE100 - I wondered, its probably about time I buy a replacement bulb before they stop producing them perhaps? (even though I have a fair amount fo time left).

Any ideas where I can get a bulk one from?

Also, in your opinon how long are these bulbs likely to be available for?

Many thanks for any advice

2. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
  3. ChrisAllenFiz

ChrisAllenFiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Unless you are going to need one in the next year I`d think about whether it`s worth getting one. In a year`s time its likely the AE300 will be down to about 600 quid in price, with the AE500 not much more. Is it worth spending nearly 300 quid on a lamp for an aging projector when a new and better projector only costs twice that? In my opinion (and I own a AE100) , I think I will just buy a new projector when my bulb runs out. (which at the rate I`m going maybe about 2010!)

Chris

4. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i put 3200hrs on my pta100 in 18 months and after that time the picture started to look alot duller coupled with the fact i was starting to see some heat damage to the optics,

thus i decided to upgrade to the 300 rather than pay £300 for a new bulb. It cost me just over a grand (i paid £1400 for my 100 :eek: )

so in net terms i only had to pay £700 extra for a better machine.

my intention is to use it alot less than the 100 so i can keep the 300 for a bit longer