1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question about Sky+ Multiroom

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by J-K, Mar 1, 2005.

1. J-K

J-K

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just ordered Sky+ and the multi-room, as it worked out at the same price, roughly. They would charge me £149 for the box and installation, plus £10 a month for multi-room - OR - £199 for the box, and £60 for the install, without multi-room. I've always wanted the multi-room, so this was a great way of getting the Missus to agree! :eek:)

But - my question is about the multi-room. They are going to use my old, current Panny sky box as my multi-room box. Does this mean I can not use Sky+ from the multi-room box then? Could I watch something I'd recorded on the Sky box, or is all this just not possible? Is the multi-room box literally just a slave regular Sky connection, where nothing else will work? :confused:

Also - just so I can kinda understand things in my head - does this mean I will have 3 Sky LNB's coming into the house?

Thanks!
    JK

2. tykent

tykent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    You will have two feeds from your LNB to your Sky+ box and one to your multiroom.

Your multiroom will be a standard box with no SKY+ functionality.

3. derbyjj

derbyjj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    You could use an RF aerial distribution amplifier and send the sky+ from the rfout2 to your tel upstairs. you may need extra coax runs to do this. Or you could use a wireless digisender.

4. Mr Kennedy

Mr Kennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Or you can buy another sky+ box and put that upstairs, as you will have an extra LNB to do so. The installer offered to do mine when i get another sky+ box for £30. But i'm not sure if you have to pay the extra £10 for the sky+ upstairs on top of the £10 multiroom fee