Quick question about my equipment, PLZ help

jumpman233345

Novice Member
Hello all , a quick question if i may?

I am very close to buying a sony BDP-S370 bluray player. I have just read this review about one which states about the sound output via the AV reciver (home cinema) which reads as follows

The player's audio quality can be pretty stunning, depending on the disc you're watching. The player supports output of the latest lossless audio codecs, like Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD MA. To make the most of these, you'll need to connect it to an AV receiver to decode them and give you proper surround sound. The BDP-S370 doesn't include RCA jacks for analogue 7.1 out, so, if you're keen to extract the best-quality sound, you'll need a receiver capable of understanding high-definition lossless audio -- most recent models do

Ok, my AV reciver is a Yamaha RX-V765

My question is ,is my Yamaha able to output sound as highlighted in the artical above, will i be able to enjoy TRUE blueray high deff surround sound??

thanks in advance guys :smashin:

jumpman233345

Novice Member
also how would this player pair up with a Panasonic TX42G20 TV?

Avi

Distinguished Member
My question is ,is my Yamaha able to output sound as highlighted in the artical above, will i be able to enjoy TRUE blueray high deff surround sound??
According to the link below your model of AVR supports Blu-ray audio codecs i.e. Dolby True HD, DTS HD MA

RX-V765 - RX - AV Receivers - Audio & Visual - Products - Yamaha United States

Bear in mind the vast majority of Blu-ray titles offer audio at a sample rate of 48khz. DVD audio also uses a sample rate of 48khz but uses lossy codecs. There are relatively few Blu-ray titles that offer high sample rate i.e. >48khz audio.

Avi

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom