Question Quick question about minecraft on ps3 please

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Hi folks

My kids have just got online with minecraft for the first time and are playing with a friend. He has a headset so they can hear him but not talk back.

Is it possible to get them both a headset or can you only connect one at once? Does it need to be wireless or can it be a wired connection? Are they playstation specific or would any set with a Mike work?

I don't want to order the wrong sort for Christmas so any help would be great

Thanks

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Do you have a PS3 camera? Our kids just used that, as it has a mic on it that acts like a conference call mic.

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Hi toasty

We do indeed but I tried everything and couldnt get it to work. We could hear their friend but they couldn't hear us.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
OK:
Accessory Settings -> Audio Device Settings -> Input Device -> Camera

Works for us.

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
I'll try again later, maybe our camera is the wrong sort. It was a fiver on ebay for the Move games. Just picked up a bluetooth headset but ideally id like to get both kids able to wear them in the same game.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
We had this issue, if you've had a headset enabled, you have to go back to this setting as it sometimes didn't auto switch. Our camera I think was for move too, called PS eye I think..

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Cheers toasty ill give it a go once I'm home. Picked up a bluetooth headset from cex plus a couple of headphones with mics from the pound shop so hopefully I can get something going for them. The camera would be the best bet as they can both hear it and speak into it.

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
All sorted now via the camera (unnecessary 50 mile round trip into town to get a headset complete)

We were set up correctly, turns out their little mate didn't have his Headphones on properly so couldn't hear them.

The camera was the ideal solution so they are well pleased, thanks for your help.

Toasty

Distinguished Member
Ah, factor X, third party problem! Camera is a great solution, just remember it will pick up everyone on the room, not just the kids ;)

I offer all my lads mates a cuppa each time they're online :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom