Quick question about Google Play Voucher

Dony

Distinguished Member
I think I already know the answer, but if not I'm sure someone here can come up with a solution.

As part of their Christmas present from their granny, my 2 girls were given a £25 Play store voucher "to share". As they each have their own sign in on their respective tablets, is it possible to split the voucher?

I can't see how this would be possible but was wondering if there is an easy workaround I haven't thought off.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
You could let them both log into just one account and download their share on each ones device, you can't transfer it, which is a bugger but they wont let you.

ROBIN50N

Can you not gift apps off the ine with the credit in?

Dony

Distinguished Member
You could let them both log into just one account and download their share on each ones device, you can't transfer it, which is a bugger but they wont let you.
One of my girls uses my account and the other has her own. I could add my account onto hers but once she has downloaded a game or book, would she have to switch over to my account each time she wanted to play or read, or will it just be on her device?

Can you not gift apps off the ine with the credit in?
Good point, I'll have a look.

Inferno

Distinguished Member
One of my girls uses my account and the other has her own. I could add my account onto hers but once she has downloaded a game or book, would she have to switch over to my account each time she wanted to play or read, or will it just be on her device?
As far as my situation is what I have paid for on my account and put on my sons tablet works fine on there.

You can't even pay for an app on your account and then gift or send that to another account, Google Play is a wee bit crap to be fair, well it is in these cases anyhoo.

jenam93

Looks like you might have to buy your other daughter a separate gift card and trust the daughter who shares your account not to spend all £25 of the Xmas gift, leaving the rest for you.

We just use 1 Google account across 2 phones and 3 tablets so only buy any app once and install on multiple devices as required.

That email is not sync'd to all devices though, only mine. Each person has their own email on their own device (which for the kids, who are 9 & 6, is also sync'd to my phone, just to be on the safe side).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom