Quick question about cross trainer

stoomc

Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding cross trainers...(hope it makes more sense to place that kind of question in her instead of general chat)
I was just wondering what is the going rate for a half decent cross trainer?
I have had numerous treadmills over the years and I appreciate that quite a good amount of money has to be spent on a treadmill, but does the same apply to a cross trainer or can they still be bought fairly cheap.

Any recommendations would be very helpful also?

Ideally I would like to spend no more than £150, but if needs must...

Jenn

Novice Member
I don't know about cheaper ones, usually you sacrifice on unit strength so it can't take heavier weights, you might not have programs or as many resistance levels etc.

We bought ours on ebay from a company that refurbishes them and they do some suitable for gyms that are very good.
We did pay in the region of £400 for ours but it's brilliant.

Last edited:

stoomc

I 'd go for a programmable magnetic wheel version if you can, as opposed to a noisy air resistance based, cheaper model

I have this one from Fitness Superstore and its in your price range. Next day delivery and very sturdy - lots of programs and a heart rate monitor. Very good value for the money in my opinion

Marcy ER5000D Magnetic Elliptical Trainer - Fitness-Superstore.co.uk

Excellent, that's exactly the sort I am looking for.

Looks like I will be placing an order for this one, thank you.

I take it you have had no problems then?

Thanks again.

Jenn

Novice Member
It's also available through sweatband.com at the same price but you can get 5% cashback through Quidco with them.

mrapbp

You get what you pay for with gym kit and if you end up getting something crappy you will probably end up not using it.

I would spend a bit more and get a second hand commercial one off ebay (life fitness etc)

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
I would spend a bit more and get a second hand commercial one off ebay (life fitness etc)

Thats what we did with most of our gym equipment- the commercial stuff is built so well you wouldnt know it wasnt new and its just so much better than new stuff thats the same price

Graham27

I'd also go for a second hand commercial one. Better built, better quality and possibly easier to repair and get parts for.

There's a place across the road from me, and the cheapest home Cross Trainer they do is £479, and even that looks a bit iffy compared to a typical commercial one.

Have you thought about renting one?

stoomc

£400+ is too much. I know I said if needs must, but that is too much.
I would rather take my chances on the 1 that sniffer linked to. It has some good reviews on the net.

Thanks everyone.

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
stooshee said:
Excellent, that's exactly the sort I am looking for.

Looks like I will be placing an order for this one, thank you.

I take it you have had no problems then?

Thanks again.

I've had mine a year and had no issues at at all. Ive used it nearly every day i actually chose this one as it isnt too long- i have it in the kids playroom You will need a socket or extension to power it though.

I agree with the other posters re 2nd hand commercials but you are on a budget and this is probably the best you can do for that money new. My friend has had a Marcy bike and said that was well put together. It's not gym standard kit but good for the price

Aleem

Guys, how's it going with the Marcy ER5000D?

I need to get a cross trainer too and had short-listed this one, and also a few others.

Body Sculpture BE6730G Programmable Magnetic Elliptical Strider

Orbus XT520 Elliptical CROSS TRAINER

The Orbus one on ebay appears to have sold lots, but struggling to find any reviews for it.

Kettler Rivo P Advantage Cross Trainer

The Kettler comes with 3 years on-site parts and labour warranty.

Any further opinions?

Will the Kettler be that much better than the Marcy?

Cheers.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom