Quick query re HDMI inputs

STOWITBELOW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at Sony Tvs, 1 with 1, 1 with 2 HDMI inputs. ATM it matters not as I have no HD sources, but when I get more than 1, are there 'splitters' available like for scarts, to share the socket, or would I be stuck swapping the items at the back of the set?

You can buy HDMI Splitters, prices vary.

You can get HDMI switch boxes - I have one, as my TV only has one HDMI port and I have two devices that need to access it. So yes, splitters are available. I got mine on eBay, new, for £27 - it's a four-way splitter.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I recall scart leads costing the earth - for a cheap one! Hopefully if I ever need one these splitters will have come down.

Golly that was quick, I was just thanking Peopleselbowpad, & they've already droped to ~ < £30.

Your welcome, I remember these going on Ebay not to long ago for the best part of &#163;200.00 with no remote! Electricals, dont you just love them.

Anyone know if the picture quality suffers with these types of splitter ?

Funnily enough, last night I did a direct comparison of the image going straight from the upscaling DVD player to TV against running it through the switch box. No difference or loss of quality at all - not to my eyes, anyway. I was viewing on a 42" LCD as well, so I'm sure I would have picked up on any degradation of the signal. So, as far as I'm concerned, a switch box will make no difference to the quality of the signal being passed through it.

Funnily enough, last night I did a direct comparison of the image going straight from the upscaling DVD player to TV against running it through the switch box. No difference or loss of quality at all - not to my eyes, anyway. I was viewing on a 42" LCD as well, so I'm sure I would have picked up on any degradation of the signal. So, as far as I'm concerned, a switch box will make no difference to the quality of the signal being passed through it.

Should not be any differance in PQ as its a digital signal not analouge which can suffer through switiching and poor quality cables.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom