1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Q? - Panny PW6 and Slimline wall mount

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by D J Fryer, Jun 29, 2004.

1. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Anyone wall mounted the slimline tilting wall mount from AV-Sales on their PW6? I have marked out a mock up of the size of the actual screen on the wall but obviously the wall plate is significantly smaller than this mock up.

Anyone got ideas on the placement of the wall mount in relation to the mock up i.e. No. of cm's from top and sides etc

EDIT - yeah, I know I am being lazy....... :laugh:

2. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best thing to do is lie the plasma flat face down on some soft towels or soft foam or rubber. Then attatch the part to the plasma and hook on the wall part. Then you can measure the distance from the top or bottom of the panel to where the wall part of the bracket goes to.

Then apply these measurements to your wall and get drilling!!! :)

You have to get it spot on for height, but the left/right positioning can be slightly out as it can be slid each way on the bar.

3. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cheers Wazy - looks like I'll have to do some measuring myself then ;) Picked up some Fischer plugs, washers and screws at lunch time so might give it a go this evening!

4. Parklife

Parklife

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Should never lie a Plasma face down!!! You are braver than me if you try this!

5. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Try and attach either a stand or wall mount without lying it face down - I know which is more likely to cause it damage - I just put a duvet on the floor and lay it face down onto this very carefully (like the stand/wallmount instructions advise). Its not there for any great period of time so nothing untoward should happen.

6. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    It is only whilst the screen is moving that it can't be face down (or up) since the glass panel will flex - for example when the delivery van goes over bumps. The resultant mess it not a pretty sight if ti flexes hard enough to crack...

7. Wazy

Wazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, its only a danger when transporting. It even says in the manual that you need to lay it flat on its face to install input boards.

I used a duvet as well, no probs at all, just lower it down slowly and with care! :)