1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Q on panny 6 series Speakers

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Kopite4Ever, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    right im nearly there on affording a 6 series panny (bit more Overtime needed :D ) and was looking at my options. i will need speakers from the screen (these are a must for me) i dont wanna be turning on amp etc just to catch Sky Sports news for a minute. so i was searching some sites and only seen they were offering the panny speakers with the silver version of the 6 series :confused: could i purchase these speakers to use with the black version ?????? as my budget will not allow the silver bezeled screen and the speakers ( or maybe it will as i hear over drawn calling :rotfl: )

any help will be appreciated

ps if the case is true for any users, what is the performance of the speakers like ????

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    sorry for my ignorance people ive just check one last site which i happened to forget about Av-sales :blush: sorry guys and they post the speakers with the black pw6 as an option.

so owners what is the performance like ??

3. LIMMOZINNO

LIMMOZINNO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you post the website where you found the speakers for the PWD6?

Also, is there really any other reason for wanting the special Panny speakers, other than there is a slight inconvenience in swithcing on an amp to power up other speakers?

Cheers

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i live with my grand parents so at night when i want to watch TV or a dvd etc id rather have the tv speakers rather than have an amp with a sub on etc.

site fo speaker is http://www.av-sales.co.uk/plasma/html/panasonic_th-42pwd6_plasma.html and speakers is in extra options.

here as well u get a photo http://www.screen-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=TYSP42P5WK

5. Alan_W

Alan_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    I have my plasma sitting on an Ikea Oppli

When I first got it I connected up the AV setup but also connected an old pair of small speakers ( they were a pair of Panasonic rear Dolby speakers off my old old telly) and they sound great!

Just about all of our normal TV viewing is via the old speakers connected from the screen and sitting on the Oppli behind the screen.

I was originally concerned about "normal tv" usage of the plasma, but it really is excellent. I don't know about the speakers made for the screen but the inbuilt amp puts out a more than adequate sound for normal tv use with even crappy speakers.

6. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    thanks for your thoughts