Quick Q on credit card protection (Section 75) - can I pay off quickly?

chippyteaforme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is obvious, but I've checked online and can't find the answer!
Paid for £2200 of goods recently on a credit card specifically due to Section 75 protection. Goods are laminate flooring and fixtures / fittings to go with it.
Supplier actually suggested credit card as means of payment (perhaps they are worried they might go in to administration?).
Do I need to wait a certain amount of time before I can pay the balance on the card off? Goods are due 8th March. Payment was made about 10 days ago.
Don't mind paying a little interest but want to make sure I'm as protected as I can be against goods not arriving, and also if they end up being faulty in some way.
Thanks in advance :)

you are protected based on the purchase, regardless of how long it takes you to pay it off

you are protected based on the purchase, regardless of how long it takes you to pay it off

So I could pay off today before the goods have even arrived and I'd still be protected? Seems crazy that I can put on credit, pay off with no interest and get protection? If true though I'll do it now :)

So I could pay off today before the goods have even arrived and I'd still be protected? Seems crazy that I can put on credit, pay off with no interest and get protection? If true though I'll do it now :)
Or just wait for the monthly bill and then pay in full by the due date :)
- like most credit card holders who have no credit card debt usually do

Seems crazy that I can put on credit, pay off with no interest and get protection? If true though I'll do it now :)
You’re covered even if you only charged 1p of the £2,200 on the CC & had paid the remaining £2,199.99 in cash.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom