Quick Q about CCTV - is quote reasonable or should I do it myself?

They are charging you to fix their mistake?

Well I did choose the direction of the cameras, and OK'd the direction of them before installation. I can't remember if I OK'd the height before hand or not. Even at a lower position the camera that is being moved would only pick up a narrow view so it's my choice to have it act in a different role.

So it's hard to tell if it's me paying to correct their mistake, or me paying to change the original plan. In any case, I'll hopefully be happy once it's all done and paid for.

Who knew getting CCTV installed would be so complicated, and hopefully people will learn things if they read through this thread :)

Why do you think it is their mistake?

Any reputable cctv installer would know that cameras at that height would be useless for identifying anyone, and a reputable installer would have made sure the customer was happy with the install before leaving.

To charge more money to come back or is a bit rich

Any reputable cctv installer would know that cameras at that height would be useless for identifying anyone, and a reputable installer would have made sure the customer was happy with the install before leaving.

To charge more money to come back or is a bit rich

I get where you are coming from, and thought they might possibly have done the move inclusive of the original cost, but it did take quite a while to install the system in the first place (between 9am and 5pm), followed by a follow up a day later to adjust some of the cameras for better night vision.

They are a new-ish company and eager for feedback so thought they might also have done the extra move for free - but they offer to do it for £60 and to be honest I'm stupid / gullible / nice enough to not challenge it.

Did they point out pros and cons. You aren't paying them just for running cabling or physical install.. You are paying for their expertise.

It will also be a problem cleaning them when spiders make webs on them, which they will do soon.
This is a bloody daily job for me, I thankfully had the foresight to install my cameras within reach of my windows so I can get rid of squatting spiders and periodically clean the dirt the builds up on the lense over time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom