Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Quick PWD6 question...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by tonycommander, Nov 22, 2004.

1. tonycommander

tonycommander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Ok, having taken the plunge and ordered one with scart board and wall mount, I'm now sat here wondering...

And my question is this...

Once it's wall mounted (Am hoping all wall mounts are similar in respect to this question), How easy is it to access the VGA inputs, and/or the empty board slots..

Mainly for when I get around to buying a quality DVD player and want to slot in a component board, and just in case sky+ scart is unwatchable in my eyes and I decide to go the JS convertor route?

(Will initally be runnng sky+ through my phillips dvd recorder's scart sockets)

2. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    dead easy, the sockets all point down, just up behind the bottom of the screen

3. rooster

rooster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I would have preffered them if the didn't hang down but instead came out from back (if you know what i mean.)

I am in the middle of wall mounting mines and i have worked out the the cables will have to come out around 2 cm above bottom of plasma to allow them to bend upwards to the connections that are situated roughly 9cm up. So you have to be quite accurate with the hole cutting and wall mount placing to ensure that cables are hidden

4. tonycommander

tonycommander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    hmmmm, i have a hollow fireplace surround above which the screen will be mounted (no working fire underneath)...

so am hoping to drop the cables down into that, route them inside the fire surround and come out at the side next to something (as yet undecided) that will hold all the relevent AV stuff...

maybe with a piccie of the kids ontop of surround to hide the wires coming down!

5. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,080
    Hello all

We tend to always use and supply the Unicol wall mounts - there is a large hole in the centre of the plate that goes to your wall; your cables are passed through the central hole and then down the back of the display to the relevant ports on the panel.

Its very simple and works well - obviously different mounts work differently; read the fitting instructions for the mount your planning to use.

Best regards

Joe

6. tonycommander

tonycommander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    ok, so whats going up friday would be 'better' as it would be passed through the wall bracket...

but if i decide to change kit/boards etc, then i could leave it on the wall and have slighlty untidier cabling (hid by perhaps a very big piccie of the kids maye)

sounds like a plan, as once it's up.. i suspect it's going stay in place for a long time!

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    once bracket is on the wall (panny official jobs) with 2 people (strongish) take them off insert a card run extra cable and back up in 5-10 min max