1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Pioneer 435 question???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by shipitinshag, Feb 22, 2005.

1. shipitinshag

shipitinshag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am considering buying a 435 XDE, mainly because I need the VGA input which the XDE sports.... the really annoying thing is the poistion of this socket means that you have to have the front flap of the media box open..... So when using the remote, does the media box need to be visable ie is the infa red receiver built into the media box or into the screen....???? I imagine the miedia box but hope it is the screen as if its the box I can just hide this away somewhere!

2. deanym

deanym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +141
    The remote works from sensor on the screen, rather than the box.

3. shipitinshag

shipitinshag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent - thanks Deanym - so there really is no reason why I can't have the media box hidden away somewhere......

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    No reason at all. Bear in mind the link cable is 3m long, replacement longer ones are a price. 7m for £125, 10m for £200+, 30m for an eye watering price, don't go there.
    On another note, have you researched enough. This is not the best panel for long term PC connection, it's way easier and better to use the business model, the MXE-1 for this. Connecting your other stuff is a tad more complicated, but hardly rocket science, and overall your picture will be better from all sources. Sounds like you are not that interested in the TV properties of the media box, I take it you already have sky or whatever digital TV? The other good news is that MXE's are cheaper...