1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Philips 26PF9956 impressions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by doctorjuggles, Mar 8, 2005.

1. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Bought this a couple of days ago and seeing as there's not much chat about this on these boards, I thought it would be a good idea to post a bit of info.

Anyway, it's a good TV, but not without its compaints.
    In a nutshell, it's very, very unforgiving of inferior feeds, interconnects and signals. It only really shows its ability when you feed a decent signal into it through a high quality cable, but once you do that, it's a very good performer.

It suffers a tiny bit from a very, very faint humming noise, and the colours are hard to get right, but once you do, the picture is very good and lifelike.

I have a feeling that anyone with the high quality leads and inputs that this unit requires will probably also have enough money to go above this TV for their home cinema needs, but I've bought this TV for the bedroom, and it outperforms any use I have for it there, so all round, I'm very pleased with it.

I also think it looks dead cool. This is a more contentious opinion on these boards. But I'm the one who looks at it every day, so I don't really care. :thumbsup:

All in all, I'd say it's a good buy, but is probably outperformed by perhaps one or two others in this category.

2. tesh

tesh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have purchased this tv as a replacement for my faulty 26PF9946 and I had some trouble obtaining a satisfactory picture setting on that tv so I am expecting the same trouble when the new set arrives. Please can you tell me the picture settings that you are using. Many thanks

Tesh