Quick Numpty HDMI & Panny PX70 Plasma Question,

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by jason44mag, Sep 17, 2007.

1. jason44mag

jason44mag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Hi All

Basically im playing my PS3 on my SD tv via the scart thingy, & im off round to my sisters who has just taken delivery of her new Panny PX70 plasma :thumbsup:

Ive picked up a QED HDMI cable & im off round to see this new HD malarky ;)

Question is what do i need to do?

So do I just unplug from my setup, go round and plug into her plasma with the hdmi cable & bobs your uncle (automatic HD) or do i need to alter settings etc?

Any help (as straight forward as possible) would be, as always, greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

2. kingbal

kingbal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Pretty much yes. All you need to do is onece you're there and plugged in with HDMI, press the on/off button on the ps3 but hold it for around 5 seconds. This resets the output settings and it will detect the HDMI and display it fine hopefully!

3. jason44mag

jason44mag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    is there an option anywhere to check once ive done that, that everything is ok?

i.e. does it say somewhere displaying xxx resolution via hdmi?

4. is1111

is1111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    i have a px70 and when you change channel to the hdmi input i'm sure it tells you in the corner what the screen is displaying. haven't had a chance to hook my ps3 up yet as moving house but i'm sure the px70 will accept 1080p over hdmi. you can go into ps3 settings and change resolution to see what one you like best from 1080p,1080i or 720p.
    px70 has some sort of 1080p scaling chip so not sure if this will look better than 720p which is nearer the px70's actual resolution.
    best to try and see what you prefer but either way it will look great.

5. tk421

tk421
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The PX70 has a 1080p processing chip so when you plug in your PS3 through HDMI the TV will tell you what input its receiving from the console and automatically change when selecting different functions. The start up screen and desktop (if you call it that) output at 1080p but most games and BR films will be displayed at 720p.

After seeing the TV in action you will probably want to go and buy one....and I wouldn't blame you as I think mines just swell! :thumbsup:

6. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178

press the i button on the pannys remote and it will state what the input resolution is. Mind turn down contrast and brightness if displaying static images etc on the plasma as being new it will be more prone to screen retention ( nothing to worry about but it aint your tv)