Quick Noob Question

Mr Nook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to COD just having got Black Ops.

In multi-player, what causes you to appear on the radar/map. Is it just firing or firing and running or whatever?

Can't find it in the manual or online FAQs etc but it's an important point.

TIA

In multi-player, what causes you to appear on the radar/map. Is it just firing or firing and running or whatever?

TIA

Hi

Everyone shows up on the map until they unlock and use Ghost.

Baz

TIA

ya when you fire you show up on the map unless you have a surpressor attachment on your gun, in which case you dont.

If the opposition has a spy plane in the air you show up constantly unless you have Ghost on as perk 1.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

ok, not to say these guys are wrong, but they aren't giving you the whole truth.

When an enemy spy plane is up you will be shown on the radar in 3 second intervals with a red dot. So if you're running and the pings are going off, it will show where you were when the ping went off, not where you are now. Make sense?

And if you shoot an unsilenced weapon you will show up on the radar for every bullet that comes out of your gun as a ping. The pings fade after a second or two.

Any sounds you make do not show up on the radar. If the enemy has a motion sensor down and you walk through it, then you will show up on their radar as well.

If the enemy has a blackbird up, say your prayers because you won't be getting out alive. It shows your position and the direction you are facing constantly (no pings) for much longer than a spy plane.

Last edited:
Det, if i have ghost and suppreser, and dont shoot, will i show up on the map?/ Reason i ask, whn i spawned, no shooting, a guy ran around a corner and shot me :confused::confused:, Also with the same set up, i still get done by choppers??

Thanks in advance for your insight

Thanks Detri :smashin:

Det, if i have ghost and suppreser, and dont shoot, will i show up on the map?/ Reason i ask, whn i spawned, no shooting, a guy ran around a corner and shot me :confused::confused:, Also with the same set up, i still get done by choppers??

Thanks in advance for your insight
Attack Helicopters still see you unless you have Ghost pro. But you'll still get done in my Gunships or Chopper Gunners. It's a bit of worthless pro perk if you ask me.

As far as the guy shooting you, he'll still see you physically so that was probably just reaction time.

Many Thanks Det for clearing that up.. Does indeed seem a wasted perk..and so does the montion senser to get to pro, as yet.. its just a target for practise..

Does running as opposed to normal moving about have any effect on your visibility?

TIA :thumbsup:

Does running as opposed to normal moving about have any effect on your visibility?

Nope - only shooting an unsilenced weapon or the enemy having a spy plane or blackbird in the air (notwithstanding perks as already mentioned).

Red Dead Redemption puts you on the radar when you run during MP games (except free roam when you're on the radar all of the time) so I'm guessing you've played that, hence the question? Ether way, simple answer is "no" for Black Ops, and other CoD games :smashin:

Running and visibility? Nope, your peripheral might blur a little bit but only because of the movement.

but you do make more noise when you are running and, if i'm correct, no noise at all when your crouching.

but you do make more noise when you are running and, if i'm correct, no noise at all when your crouching.
No noise when walking ADS as well (at least that's how it was in MW2... not 100% sure about BlOps).

Attack Helicopters still see you unless you have Ghost pro. But you'll still get done in my Gunships or Chopper Gunners. It's a bit of worthless pro perk if you ask me.

As far as the guy shooting you, he'll still see you physically so that was probably just reaction time.

Ghost (Pro) is far from worthless. I don't know how many times it has been 1v1 or 1v2 and the enemy puts up a UAV. And I don't even flinch because I know they still have no idea where I am. Or call in a helicopter from a CP and I can still go about like my **** don't stink.

Then again, SnD players are a breed of their own.

Yah, but it's really only useful for Attack Helicopters is what I'm sayin. They get a CG/Dogs/GS from that care package and you're at much more risk of dying.

Thanks again guys, lots of good info :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom