Quick laptop spec question

danwel

Established Member
Reaction score
My son got a laptop for Xmas and have created a steam account.

He’s seen a game he wants, I’ve put requirements below:

B33F2FF4-BEE1-454A-8188-F0BC36A420E9.jpeg

The laptop he has I believe has i3 and intel graphics card, is there any chance it will work or so I need to look for games that will work with i3?

Thanks

it depends which model of i3. the i5 6600k is from 2015 so an i3 from today is likely to be far superior.
That said, these are minimum specs for the game to be at least playable, not necessarily enjoyable. as yours has intel integrated graphics it is unlikely any modern games will be playable.
The 1050 is a fairly low-end GPU by todays standards, still, it will be about 10x more 'powerful' than the integrated intel GPU

it depends which model of i3. the i5 6600k is from 2015 so an i3 from today is likely to be far superior.
That said, these are minimum specs for the game to be at least playable, not necessarily enjoyable. as yours has intel integrated graphics it is unlikely any modern games will be playable.
The 1050 is a fairly low-end GPU by todays standards, still, it will be about 10x more 'powerful' than the integrated intel GPU
Thanks, once I have his laptop in front of me I’ll be able to get the exact specs.

I did explain to him that a lot of games simply won’t play as it’s not the most expensive laptop in the world and the modern games need a dedicated laptop and he’d be much better off on his switch anyway but we shall see

Thanks, once I have his laptop in front of me I’ll be able to get the exact specs.

I did explain to him that a lot of games simply won’t play as it’s not the most expensive laptop in the world and the modern games need a dedicated laptop and he’d be much better off on his switch anyway but we shall see
GeForce Now is an option, for streaming Steam games from the cloud (hosting a high end PC running the game and its output sent back to you), it has its own upsides and downsides.

For best results you'd want a wired ethernet connection to the broadband router.

452C770A-D6D6-4A19-BE43-4D10097F424B.jpeg
D7B68B4B-FE9E-458B-8F6F-2F12C106FC93.jpeg

That’s the spec of his laptop versus the requirements of that helps

It should do ok with that game, but only OK. Expect to turn down to low settings and anti aliasing off to get over 30fps in games.

Heres a video of performance in a bunch of games.

It should do ok with that game, but only OK. Expect to turn down to low settings and anti aliasing off to get over 30fps in games.

Heres a video of performance in a bunch of games.

Mate I really appreciate that, it’s a huge help.
I’m happy to turn it down to low settings to help as he’s only 10 and will suffice for now that’s for sure

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom