Quick help needed - just about to place an order, but cant decide!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by bigguns, Sep 17, 2007.

Tags:
  1. bigguns

bigguns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm looking to buy one of the following but i dont know which one to get. I'd love to get the samsung 40" because of the brightness (but is it that important?) but is the price which is stopping me, i didnt really want to spend more than £770 on a tv.

LE40M87BDX £849
    LE37M87BDX £749
    KDL40D3000 £767

which one should i buy, i am so stuck is it worth spending more on the better samsung or not? Or should i go for the sony, due to its better SD picture display.

I am only going to be sitting 3m away from the tv, and i dont have HD virgin box, but i have my pc and xbox.

I ready to buy one of these tv's but just need help on deciding.

2. aasgmhill

aasgmhill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a new LE40R74BDX for £525.
    I realise that it is an older model but couldn't resist it at the price.
    I get it delivered from Samsung in 2 weeks.

3. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    The Sony's SD is more better than the samsung.But seeing that your uses include PC then the 1080p gives an advantage.

4. Wally West

Wally West

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    If price is a considerable factor, I would say the Sony.I'm looking for a new LCD myself and have gone round looking at all the sets that I would consider like the Samsung M86/87 and the Sony Bravias. I was really, really impressed with the quality of the picture on the Sony D3000. For me the Samsung is nice and bright with good movement on fast scenes but my own personal view was that the skin tones were a little too pink (even after some picture adjustment). Although the D3000 is not a 1080 screen, its 10 bit panel and MotionFlow seems to make up for that (and its 24p) and I really liked its colour tones and movement. I would have bought one but I'm after a 46" screen. and I haven't seen the 46" version released here.

The sets you have listed are all well regarded sets from two of the biggest LCD manufacturers so your money should be pretty safe either way. I would say that you have to go to the shops yourself, check out the picture, design etc and then decide for yourself which one suits you best. You will get a feel for what is good and what problems to look out for on these forums, but ultimately, you have to live with the tv in your house. Then order off the internet 'cos it's cheaper;)

5. bigguns

bigguns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, well i think its best to get a 1080p set, for future sakes?!

But is the additional brightness in the 40" samsung worth the extra money, and the super clear feature?

I generally what fast moving movies, or games so which would be better?