quick help. max number of sky+ boxes

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need help quick lol

whats the maximum number of sky + boxes allowed in 1 house?

we want 2 sky + boxes and 1 standard box

I think Murdoch will gladly accept as many Sky+ boxes as you can possibly cram into your house. At about £750 per pair per year plus he will gladly take your money. You can have 4 Sky+ boxes per Octo LNB. I think there is a maximum of one Octo LNB per dish.

You would just need one 6 way LNB, if such a thing exists.
This would give you 2 Sky+ boxes and two standard Sky digibox feeds.

Otherwise you will need either one quad LNB and a single LNB and 2 dishes or an octo LNB with one dish.

If you went for the octo you could have 4 Sky+ boxes.

An alternative will be to use a Freeview DVR or PVR, or add a VOD service.
Homechoice now supports Sky sports.

from what i remember being told by both Sky and the subbie who came, a normal minidish that you get with free installation will only support enough signal for 2 Sky+ boxes.....if you need more then you either have to have a bigger dish or a second minidish, either way its going to cost money.........i guess they might be able to whack on a bigger LNB to a minidish, but it would interfere with quality, same way trying to run more than 2 or 3 TV's off a roof aerial begins to degrade analogue signals....you are just trying to get too much information from something too small to cope.........why do you think they are putting so many phone masts up nowadays? whenever there is a sudden need for lots of people to text (new years, massive accidents, terrorist attacks etc) at the same time it was knocking out the networks...with more masts they can keep it going as they can rely less on the satellites....

an alternative you could do is to have one Sky+ box and 2 normal Sky boxes on one minidish, then in the room that you wanted a second Sky+ box put a DVD recorder, either a very cheap one if its just to back up the odd stuff, or a more expensive one with HDD......either way it will probably work out cheaper than getting sky to put up more equipment....lol

or i might be wrong and sky and the subbie lied to me...lol...but it makes sense....

Knyght_byte said:
from what i remember being told by both Sky and the subbie who came, a normal minidish that you get with free installation will only support enough signal for 2 Sky+ boxes.....if you need more then you either have to have a bigger dish or a second minidish, either way its going to cost money.........i guess they might be able to whack on a bigger LNB to a minidish, but it would interfere with quality, same way trying to run more than 2 or 3 TV's off a roof aerial begins to degrade analogue signals......

Absolute codswallop ! You can get 8-output LNB's, and there's no "interfering" with the quality, because each output is a separate LNB, not a shared output.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom