1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick help for a rookie, please

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Frazal666, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, need just quick help. Only in my early teen years, so dont dis cause i'm dum, cool? Anyway, could someone quickly tell me how to create my own separate system, a quick kinda: this to that than speaker, uno. Was going to get complete system, til i heard separtes sound better, so please help. Cheers.

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    What is your budget?

3. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not a lot, was going go get a jvc THA75R with dvd player for £230, but my budget is £300. I know I will not be able to get a seperte, looked at the price of an amplifer, more than a third of my savings (Not my life savings, hahaha).

4. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I want to get the JVC TH-S8, loads of formats including WMA & MP4, 600 beatutiful watts and optical in with dolby pro logic 2.All for £240 Inc Delivery & VAT

5. engaged

engaged
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you got a Richer Sounds near you? They do various combinations of CD, amp and speakers - if you want a proper system this would be a good way to start.

Have a look at systems 2 and 3 here:

http://ws2.richersounds.com/information.php?cda=static&cst=hifisystems

It's how I started off about fifteen years ago - got my first system from Richer Sounds.

6. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for a 6 speaker system, anyway for now I've decided to go with a compleate dvd home cinema package, until I learn more about sepeartes. Thanks for the info though, at least ill know where to start once I learn :thumbsup: