Quick Help - Exchange on warranty - keep or change brand ?

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by RocketRonnieRad, Jan 10, 2012.

1. RocketRonnieRad

RocketRonnieRad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Forum. I do wonder if you can help.

I purchased a Philips 40PFL6606T /12 last month and a fault has developed on the ethernet port whereby there is no physical layer and the router cant be picked up. As such Philips have offered a replacement via the retailer.

As such I wish to ask whether I should stick with the PFL6606 or change altoghether.

I got the TV for only £560 but can afford to add maybe another £100.

I was told that in this price range the PFL offers the best value for money and accepted it. Indeed the picture quality is very good and I am generally very happy with the set but due to my current circumstances I thought it prudent to ask if I can do better for the money or have i got as good a pruduct as possible ?

Any suggestions or reccomendations greatfuly received.

40PFL6606T spec here -

Philips - 6000 series Smart LED TV 102 cm (40") Full HD 1080p DVB-T2/C - 40PFL6606T/12 - 6000 series - Televisions - Sound and vision

flatpanels test -

Philips 6606 review - FlatpanelsHD

Many thanks.

Ron.

2. RocketRonnieRad

RocketRonnieRad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    OK I been reading more and can add a bit more cash to make it up to a better TV so I posted this in the wrong place so will add it here, hopefully someone can guide this newbie a bit ! Cheers.

From all I have read I have settled on either the 42/47PFL7666, the 42PDL7906 or the Samsung UE40/46D7000 butr cant decide beteen them.

I have read review and read experiences on here and discern that the 7000 suffers from banding bleeding and all manner of distortions whereby I have not read anything on the Philips side of things.

The set wll mainly be used for 2D with occasional 3D films etc, it will be mounted in a room 4m x 5m wall mounted on the 4m viewing axis.

I would like 3D and DLNA.

Talking to the JL rep about making the choice he suggested the Philips purely for the DOF in the pic quality and the build quality being good although he did say that the D7000 is more popular.

Image quality is paramount but the look of the samsung is sexy I have to admit.

Can someone perhaps point me in the right direction as my head is severley hurting now.

I am tempted to go pfilips purely based on the banding bleeding and clouding issues people have posted on their D7000/8000 threads but maybe I am being biased by this.

Many thanks in advance of helpful replies. Last thing I want if a brand bashing excersize. Just honest advice please.

Thanks.

Ron.

3. RocketRonnieRad

RocketRonnieRad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Well I have auditioned both the PFL7666 and the D7000 and the D7000 wins me over on this occasion.

Plus I got a price match that is tooo good to miss.

D7000 here I come.