• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

quick G20 U30 advice needed

nicke20

I bought on saturday a TXP50G20B for £649 from currys and after seeing the box size said i would return today to pick it up in a van
THEY HAVE LOST IT !!!
the manager has offered me a TXP50U30B shop floor price £749 as a replacement, this does not have freesat but what are the other differences? he claims they are identical apart from the lack of freesathd in it
I realy need an answer asap please, money back? take the replacement or can i find another TXP50G20B

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
I bought on saturday a TXP50G20B for £649 from currys and after seeing the box size said i would return today to pick it up in a van
THEY HAVE LOST IT !!!
the manager has offered me a TXP50U30B shop floor price £749 as a replacement, this does not have freesat but what are the other differences? he claims they are identical apart from the lack of freesathd in it
I realy need an answer asap please, money back? take the replacement or can i find another TXP50G20B

Wait 1 min I shall go look!

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
U30
Contrast 2mill:1

G20
Contrast 5mill:1

U30 has the new G14 panel

No talk of a screen filter like the G20 has so could well be washed out and more reflective than the G20

G20 4x HDMI

U30 2x HDMI

U30 is also ever so slighty more heavy.

nicke20

thanks everyone, the panic is because im in work and just cant do the googling !
ill give them a rocket
how can you lose a box that big???, i saw it myself

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
thanks everyone, the panic is because im in work and just cant do the googling !
ill give them a rocket

:rolleyes: It prob got damaged or summit, just a thought but if you can get your money back and hang on a few weeks the G30 price may drop enough for you to be able to afford one:) or I guess for the trouble they have caused you you could ask for one instead:) (I was a bit hopfull with the ST30 still thinking 42"prices:blush:) worth a try for the G30 though, if you kick up a stink, maybe pay them 50-100 more or something?. Very few G20s about now or I'd just say go elsewhere.

Insanity202

Distinguished Member
ill give them a rocket
I bet they sold it thinking they would be able to get another for when you came to get it but they couldnt.

nicke20

update
currys just refunded me, no explanation
ive ordered from pixmania, using topcashback and a discount code, and if it buzzes realy bad i can use distance selling

DarenD

Currys and Pixmania are the same company just so you are aware they are both owned by Dixons Retail Ltd so you are still dealing with the same monkeys in their customer service department. Unless you have their expensive extended guarantee they are complete b*stards to deal with on the phone. I know from experience :(

nicke20

well blow me
pixmania have just told me they have no stock, even though they took the money and said in stock, kindly they have said they will keep my money and wait for more stock unless i want to cancel :mad:

DarenD

I can 2nd Richer Sounds and their extended warranty blows holes through anything Dixons Retail can offer. 5yrs for 10% of the purchase value aint bad at all.

nicke20

costco have i in stock !!!
£995 :(

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom