Quick Electrical question...


Standard Member
Im installing a light near my tv. I want to connect it to an ordinary plug but I am bit confused about what amp fuse to use. On the instructions it says...

'The appliance must be connected to 240 volts supply and if a fused plug to BS 1363 is used then a 3 amp fuse should be fitted. If any other type of plug is used, a 5 amp fuse should be fitted.'

Does that mean I have to use a 5amp fuse to connect it up to an ordinary plug socket?


The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom