Quick ebay question for ebay experts

DJT75

Distinguished Member
What's the minimum duration you can run an auction for?

From what I've seen it's 1 day, but say you had tickets for a London show tonight you need to shift cos you couldn't make it - can you put it on for a lesser amount of time, like a few hours only & how?

thanks

X

xelallah

1 day minimum.

But, you could put on a buy-it-now. Maybe include a phone number in the listing, so the potential bidders could ring you up and make an offer, as the sale is likely to be cash on collection. I know this goes against ebay's rules, but well, it's up to you! :thumbsup:

X

xelallah

If the price reaches something you find acceptable, you can always end the listing early :)

DJT75

Distinguished Member
1 day minimum.

But, you could put on a buy-it-now. Maybe include a phone number in the listing, so the potential bidders could ring you up and make an offer, as the sale is likely to be cash on collection. I know this goes against ebay's rules, but well, it's up to you! :thumbsup:

Actually - buy it now with face value(ish) should shift them quickly + paypal payment.

cheers, didn't think of that

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Can I hijack a second?

Someone committed to buy a product a few days ago, but I haven't yet receivd payment.

How long do you give before reporting it as an unpaid item?

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Can I hijack a second?

Someone committed to buy a product a few days ago, but I haven't yet receivd payment.

around a week.

If you go to sell/settings/dispute it will give you a date.

X

xelallah

Don't forget you can always ring them up, that usually gives people the hurry up. Especially when they dont put their phone number down, but you trace them and call anyway :)

Unpaid items must be reported within 45 days but you have to wait at least seven days. Start a dispute, if you get no meaningful contact, close it after a minimum of three days, choosing to request a final value fee, and also can relist for free, if you click the relist link! So your fees incurred in the final sale, and re-insertion are credited back to you.

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Anyway, my item is still unpaid despite a couple of e-mails.

What are my options?

Ideally I would just like to relist the item rather than deal with the numpty that agreed to pay, can I do that or do I have to through a dispute scenario with ebay?

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Don't forget you can always ring them up, that usually gives people the hurry up. Especially when they dont put their phone number down, but you trace them and call anyway :)

Unpaid items must be reported within 45 days but you have to wait at least seven days. Start a dispute, if you get no meaningful contact, close it after a minimum of three days, choosing to request a final value fee, and also can relist for free, if you click the relist link! So your fees incurred in the final sale, and re-insertion are credited back to you.

Mental note to myself...read other posts :D

So I need to report it and then I can close it after 3 days and relist?

pete1866

How do you get their phone number , is there a website you use?

MonkeyKnuckle

Distinguished Member
Can I Hijack as well?

I sold my PSP on Ebay, listed it on Christmas Eve evening as a buy it now, someone bought it 10am Christmas morning, paid straight away. So that's all good.

Then I checked his feedback here where you can see he has negative feedback for not paying. Like I have said I received payment through paypal straight away, do you think it is safe to send?

Thanks

EDIT: He also has an unconfirmed address. I emailed him, checking the address and he did reply saying it was the correct address.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
take photos of the item and post them to yourself day or two before you send it to the person.......do not open the letter with the pics in when it gets back to you.....

make sure its sent fully recorded/insured/etc.....

then if he claims it wasnt correct in some way you have some kind of proof...

or if you really dont feel safe and the value is more than a score or nifty, dont go through with it ;)

(i dont use ebay so you might wish to ignore my advice......have only sold two things, both subwoofers, to other people, went for cash collection/delivery both times as at least i knew it would be relatively safe...lol)

X

xelallah

How do you get their phone number , is there a website you use?

Do it on ebay. It must be from an auction where you were either the winning bidder, or sold to the person whose phone number you want. Goto ebay.co.uk > advanced search > find contact information..... enter the user id and item number and click 'search'. This will email you their address and contact details stored on registration, and also your details to them!

Can I Hijack as well?

I sold my PSP on Ebay, listed it on Christmas Eve evening as a buy it now, someone bought it 10am Christmas morning, paid straight away. So that's all good.

Then I checked his feedback here where you can see he has negative feedback for not paying. Like I have said I received payment through paypal straight away, do you think it is safe to send?

Thanks

EDIT: He also has an unconfirmed address. I emailed him, checking the address and he did reply saying it was the correct address.

In this particular situation, I would presume you sold the PSP for more than £50, so get his address through above method, ring him up, ask to speak to him (real name) say you're just checking out the address as it's unverified. If you can't get through, I'd withdraw the paypal funds into your bank account, which takes ~4 days, then send the item. Bit more security.

edit: £50 is the minimum limit for withdrawing funds to your bank without being charged fees to do so!

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
Can I hijack a second?

Have you considered a "second chance offer" to the second highest bidder (if it was sold auction style that is)?

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom