1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick decision for a plasma newbie

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by spicy_fajita, Jan 29, 2005.

1. spicy_fajita

spicy_fajita

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After my projector died I've decided to move towards plasmas and I've a few questions for the veterans.

Theres an offer for the Pansonic TH-PWD6BX in Rocher Sounds for £1250. I can get a scart board in the future as theirs a VGA port on it and I can use the external ProV to feed TV to that. I'll then be using it with Sky (through composite -> ProV -> VGA on Plasma) and my media PC. So questions,

1. Does this seem like a good deal or would I be safer waiting and getting a 7 series when the price drops a bit.
    2. Will using a media PC on a plasma really cause burn problems or is it only if you fall asleep leaving it on in a menu or something.
    3. Can plasmas have dead or stuck pixels like an LCD can and is it the same kind of warranty (ie. there has to be a certain number within acertain area to be considered a fault.)

They'll prob being going out of stock soon and the offer will be over so any suggestions are helpful. I don't want to get it and then a much better deal come around next week. 1250 for a plasma seems really good especially after reading the reviews of this model. I know I'll need to spend another 300 or so on stand and terminal boards but the boards can wait and I can haggle on the stand in the shop.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215