Quick Darko question, (not plot, promise)

M

Mannannan

I did the searching and I'm now left with one question.

Donnie Darko:

Deleted scenes (German R2) Vs DTS soundtrack (Dutch R2)?

i.e. is the DTS worth missing the deleted scenes for?

Cheers

J.

get the german tin - it has dts and deleted scense :)

Yes, but it only has dts on the german soundtrack, according to DVDcompare.net. the english soundtrack is in DD5.1 apparently.

I don't speak German, so I'd be as well off with the (discontinued?) UK edition.

I felt the deleted scenes were important and helped me understand the film. And yes the original UK release has been discontinued. I think CD-Wow might still have it.

thanks Will,

and the DD 5.1 soundtrack was pretty good right?

Theres a new version of Donnie Darko coming out sometime this year, might be a directors cut might just be a special edition but its going to be longer and contain more footage.

Mannannan - sorry, I don't have a 5.1 setup.:thumbsdow

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
Theres a new version of Donnie Darko coming out sometime this year, might be a directors cut might just be a special edition but its going to be longer and contain more footage.

Wouldn't the extra footage make it a Director's cut?:confused:

Only if the director added it of his own volition.

Indeed I seem to remember a film being edited by the producer not that long ago adding new scenes and music and the director didn't know a thing about it until it was released. It was a british film but the name escapes me at the moment.

Hello hijackers.....:D

Anyway I've just gone to cd-wow and ordered the region 2 with the extras (deleted scenes) and only a DD 5.1 soundtrack for 8.99GBP. Which is nearly double the price of the ryanair/prism version.

I think the news about a directors cut coming out in the cinemas put me over the edge, better see it before that!!!!

Now to avoid spoilers for a bit....

Anyway, now to hijack my own thread.

Apart from compression issues why not put a dts soundtrack on a DVD if it exists???? only the dutch get it for Donnie Darko it seems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom