Quick (daft?) question...

captaindobie

Established Member
Reaction score
EPSON TW10H (no ON/OFF button)

How important is it to remove the power cable from your projector once it has shut down. Will NOT doing this effect the bulb life at all?

What other risks are there?

Thanks...

Would suggest simply unplugging from the mains after power down cycle. Dont keep pulling it from the unit as this will shorten the life span of the socket. Always wise to unplug expensive gear in case of lightning mate.

Cap :)

eh?? from the last couple of months researching on here and the net in general I have only seen this mentioned with projectors without on/off switches at all. Surely the TW10H on/off button, will more than suffice. Of course yes there is still a risk of lightning or surges but apart from that how could anything affect the bulb?? not seeing that at all!!

Not just referring to the bulb. Was just giving overall good advice and answering the question.

Cheers,

Thanks Captain..:thumbsup:

Although the TW10H does have an ON/OFF button, it actually sits in stand-by (orange light on) rather than completely shutting down.
The instruction manual does tell you to remove mains supply after use, and although i never usually pay much attention to instruction manuals, i thought i would check as a projector is a little more delicate
(at least the bulb is anyway...)

No problem. Most PJ's sit in a stand by mode as you describe.

Historically, I have always unplugged my PJs for safety/common sense. My DVD deck etc remains plugged in on stand by connected via a surge protector.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom