Quick D600 Phonebook Question

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by RandomLee, Mar 27, 2006.

1. RandomLee

RandomLee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,948
    Just got my D600 on Saturday and I must say it's one of the nicest phones I've used. Apart from the fact I cant assign a mp3 as a sms tone and that the camera has no auto-focus, I certainly like it a lot more than the K750i I just got rid off (sold on eBay for £130!).

Anyway, I've sussed out most of the features, got loads of tones, vids and pics loaded on but I cant seem to find an option to select what contacts list to view in the phonebook. I have numbers stored on the sim at the moment and not the phone as it doesnt seem to allow you to show one and not the other... meaning if I copy them to the phone I'll have duplicate entries for the whole phone book.

When viewing them of the sim it doesnt allow to store more than 1 number per person, so ideally I would like to have the phone show only the numbers stored in it's memory, but still have the numbers stored on the sim as a back-up.

If any of that makes sense :D

I've checked the manual and searched the forum but had no joy.

Cheers

Lee

2. travid

travid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    Hi Lee
    Same problem with my D600.
    These duplications were also a "problem" with the D500.
    Dont have a solution (if there is one) but solidarity brother and just enjoy this fine bit of kit

Kind regards
    Dave :smashin:

3. adrianl

adrianl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not possible but I too like this phone more the more I use it. Fantastic email tool and web browser too once you get mini opera installed.

Suggest you back up your sim to one of those £5 back-up hadgets then wipe it to avoid dupes with phone memory. I agree it's a pain.

4. garyb9900

garyb9900

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Mate of mine had the same problem with a D500 when his screen broke and he could'nt see what was on the phone and found he could'nt get info to transfer so he couls use the SIM in another phone. Ended up using a data link cable to transfer the phone book to his PC. A very handy way to back up data. You can get these easily on E-bay.

5. mimi

mimi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The D600 is a great phone but the phone book is a pain.Your choices are :

1.Phone memory = empty SIM but you can store up to 12 fields X 1000 fixed contacts.
    2.SIM = no extra fields ,limited to 250 numbers.
    2.Phone and SIM = both shown together and therefore u have multiple entries,all the time.

It is the one thing I wish Samsung would fix and I wish they would give us more phonebook fields like SE and Nokia.