1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick bit of help please!!!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by supersonic87, Mar 11, 2004.

1. supersonic87

supersonic87
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am about to order a router and some network leads from Ebuyer. Can somebody confirm this will work with my 2 PCs (both with NICs) and my XBox for Live.

Netgear RP614 Router
    2x belkin 10m fastcat snagless patch cable (red)
    1x belkin cat5e 0.5m patch cable (red)

I have a cross-over cable to connect the router to my NTL:Home broadband modem (600k), and it says on the XBox site the router is compatible.

Thanks,
    Rich

2. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Can't see any reason that should not work. I bought last week from E-buyer their own branded modem/router which came with cables and worked first time with no alterations to setup at all.
    I believe there exists a list of compatible modems and routers for x-box but would think a brand like Belkin would be no problem.
    Good luck.

Panic

3. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    The hardware should be fine. But I think you've got the wrong cable for the cable-modem to router connection. A standard patch cable (not a cross-over) should be used for this.