Quick! Any experiences with the Hitachi CP-X275W or other little Hitachi?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tahustvedt, Feb 25, 2002.

1. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!!

I got a great deal on a Hitachi CP-X275W. Has anyone ever seen it or any experience at all? Or maybe the other small Hitachis?

I downloaded the manual and it seems like a very nice little machine for my use so I would like to like it. :)

A friend of mine ordered one last week and it has problems with th whisper-mode so he's sending it back. But I would think that's an isolated case.

If noone knows of any faults on this projector then I'm ordering one tonight. :D

2. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Too late. I ordered it. :D

After two years of looking around I finally decided to jump a great offer and watch some movies instead of just reading PDFs. I hope it's a good unit and not a faulty one. I think reading these forums can give the impression that every other buyer has problems because we hear about all the bad things which stick to our (mine at least) heads more than the good things.

Why am I experiencing this feeling of "what have I done"? :clown:

3. Grubert

Grubert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    I guess you'll be okay. I know a couple guys who have the CPS225 and are very happy with it.

Besides, I always thought XGA was the way to go for us PAL viewers.

Please post your impressions when you get it. By the way, did you buy it from a Norwegian dealer or somewhere else? (I'm also looking for hot deals, he he).

Regards,

Juan

4. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got it from a norwegian dealer. I paid Nkr 18000.- which is about £1400. They usually only do network installations and office-setups but they had a Hitachi projector for sale. :)

5. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It still hasn't arrived. One of the problems with living so far north is mail takes ages to arrive. I hope it's journey hasn't damaged it.

6. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Patience is Golden :)

Post your thoughts on the projector, its good value from looking at the specifications.

James

7. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed you have the M72 Mission speakers, are these better than the 77 series? 7pack ?

James

8. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't heard the 7pack. The M72s were bought on impulse because I just had to upgrade something. :p They sound pretty damn good for the money and go surprisingly deep in the bass, being a standmount speaker and all.

9. tahustvedt

tahustvedt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

A nice feature of this projector is that it can move the 16:9 image (up/down) inside the boundaries of the 4:3 projection. That way I can mount the projector close to the ceiling and still have an image that is low on the screen. Here's a scetch:
    [​IMG]
    The text is in norwegian. Gulv=floor. The two projectors are exactly the same distance from the floor.

As you can see in the picture the 16:9 image (red line) is lowered to the bottom of the projection area and is closer to the floor. If a 16:9 projector like the AE100 was to project an image at the low (comfortable) height it would have to be mounted almost 1m from the ceiling, which is quite unacceptable in my living room. :) I want to avoid using any digital keystone.

I'm bored! I want my projector now! :)