1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick answer if possible - Audio pass through on SKY+ box

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by McBain, Oct 11, 2003.

1. McBain

McBain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All, I'm getting a verbal battering because I'm still sorting out cables etc. with the HIFI unit pulled away from the wall. :(

Anyway - I've been reliably informed that I can plug my Gamecube into the Scart socket on my SKY+ box and it should pass through (RGB) the video signal.

However, my question is this - if the SKY+ box is connected via optical cable to my AMP, will the audo from the Gamecube be passed though this connection? If not, would it be passed through if I used normal phono connection from SKY to the AMP?

I suspect that everything would get passed through to the TV, but I dont really want another connection from TV to AMP of I can help it...

If anyone can answer this you'd save me from.... well something bad ;)

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi MCbain
    Funny thing is i set my friends sky up to his panasonic all in one ,the video is connected to the skys vcr scart socket the skys audio (phono cable left right)is connected to the panasonic,when the video is playing the sound (from video tapes) still passes through from the video scart -to the sky box-then through the panasonics surround system so should pass through from the xbox when connected by scart to the sky boxes vcr scart socket.
    ps it passes through when the sky box is in standby also make sure you have the input assigned on the receiver (eg satalite )which the skys phonos are connected to get sound from the xbox..
    Hope this makes sense.
    Gonzo.