1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick answer before order arrives

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Gadjet, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

I have ordered the new Pioneer AX-10. As well as 2 new front speakers which are floor standing, my current front 2 (tannoy mercury 2.5) will go to be the middle surround.
    Now the problem being that my room only being 12 by 13 ft, it will look a mess with speakers all around, furniture being totally out of place.
    My question is that this problem can be solved if I buy some satalite speakes and sell the rest. But, if I do this will the speakers be good enough to go with the amount being spent and the power of the Pioneer amp, will I loose quality of the sound?
    Please help so I can change my order.

Much Appreciated, Phill

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suppose it depends on the quality of the satellites you buy, but high quality miniature speakers aren't cheap.

I don't know what speakers you have ordered - but Tannoy M2.5s, while decent enough budget speakers, probably aren't in the class necessary to get the best out of a £2k+ amplifier.

3. planbeta

planbeta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds to me that your amp will be begging for some M&K speakers!

I have roughly the same size room as you, and I'm pretty sure that floorstanding, or even book shelf speakers will be too cramped for me - especially if I decide to go the 6.1 or 7.1 route. So I think I'm going to go for small speakers/satellites.

I think one of the best small speakers is the M&K range if you can afford it, these should a perfect match for your amp and they are TINY too! From all accounts the quality of these surpass many floorstanding systems

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/SpeakerPackages/M&K/M&KKSeries.shtml

There's also the Raurk Vita 100 in the same price range:

http://www.homecinemachoice.com/testbench/SpeakerPackages/Ruark/RuarkVita100.shtml

Personally I'm not sure if I can afford the K Series yet, if not I don't mind settling for 7 kef eggs and rel sub!