1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick and easy question! (Oops, another PW6 connection query!)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Unlight, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ok so the week has arrived where I can finally order my Panasonic PW6 :)

I'm also about to order a Denon 2805, so I just need a final hand on the connection of my devices.

By my thinking, I can input my Xbox, Gamecube and DVD player into the 3 component ins on the 2805, which will do me nicely - correct? So I could choose the RCA terminal board as the freebie in the AV-Sales special offer?

Then, all I need to connect is a freeview box to act as a tuner - Instead of getting a SCART board or a RGB-VGA converter, could I simply just connect it via S-Video and use the 2805's upconversion to display it on the screen? Would this be of decent quality?

Just would like to know the best way possible to do this just before I order, so that I dont spend any extra money where I could be saving instead!

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    It'll certainly work, how good the quality will be is anyone's guess, it's not bad on a 3805, I've tried it. But you'll still have the VGA port free, so if it's not up to scratch, just get the VGA converter and you'll be done.