1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Advice on whioch combo

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Tobez, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Tobez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ok guys decided to give my dad my new DVD player for his xmas box, hehe tight eh, but no ive got him loads already.

So that leaves me with a slot for a new 1, thinking of getting a dvd recorder with hdisk but no ideas which 1.

I need multi region and the fuctionality to record sky plus to dvd or hdisk. i also would like it to eat any cdr or dvd-r i pop in it but also dvd+r .

I currently have a pioneer 757a for my cinema room and a scan dvd player for the crud. can an yone advise me on what models i should be lookin at at pros n cons, i saw the sony 1 in currys with 160 gig disk that looked good but is it ? or should i stick with pioneer or pana. tosh ?

thanks in advance
  2. redsox_mark

Oct 20, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Bath, England
    The Sony is reported to be a high quality recorder, but the editing functions are very limited. Make sure you understand the limitations and how you will want to use it. For example, with the Sony you can't record a long programme and later split it up to save it on multiple discs (e.g. record a 4 hour programme to hard disk, then later make 2 DVDs of 2 hours each). With this example and the Sony if you wanted to save it to DVD you would have to put all 4 hours on a single DVD, which would lower the quality.

I have the Toshiba XS-32 which I'm very happy with - but it doesn't read +R (it has been reported that it does read some +R discs, but you can't count on it, it is not "officially" supported).