Quick 40v3000 help please

rscosworth

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

Using my intel mac mini to display windows media center to my new 40V3000,

On first bootup the mac resolution was 1366x768 and would not increase any higher than this. I used the auto adjust settings to fill the whole screen on the TV.

I have however noticed a flicker, almost lines running up and its pretty annoying. Is this because the picture is being upscaped to the 1920x1080?

Does the TV support 1920x1080 from the dsub im pretty sure that the mac mini can ouput near to that?

Anyone got any ideas, im currently using a DVI>VGA cable, this setup worked perfectly on a Hyundai Q321 which i was using previously.

Any ideas?

Thanks

i dont think it does, 1080 is only on HDMI & Component

that would work,and allow 1080p through the dvi-hdmi,as long as the pc is up to it.
and also,remember,that this way,still doesnt give audio through the lead,basically the same as vga,has no audio.

The best connection is the DVI-HDMI as the V3000 doesnt accept 1080p over VGA

ok, ive got one on order,

looking at my display properties on windows its showing 1366x768, but i cant even get the option to set to 1900x1080, according to apple this machine has support for 1920x1050.

Im totally confused, HELP

Its logical as you cant have 1080p with VGA.You have to wait your DVI-HDMI cable to come to enjoy full 1920x1080

ok, so there is 2 way communication between pc<>monitor?

i just thought the dvi port was output and it just told the screen what to display, if the screen couldnt cope it would be blank?

you reckon that once i hook up via dvi-hdmi then it will allow me to set the resolution higher?

thanks

Yeah when you plug DVI-HDMI you will get 1080p

i love your confidence and i hope your right, im just not so sure, these mac's are funny creatures

WHy you say that?You mean that mac wont output 1080p?The tv is tested and confirmed at doing 1080p over DVI-HDMI

the mac seems to be rated at 1900x1200 max resolution, however im not 100% sure how this relates to 1920x1080 and im not sure how to actually get the mac to output to this, albeit the handshake at the moment defaults it to 1366x768, im just hoping the the mac can indeed handshake via hdmi?! confused = yes, totally...

Your wonders will be answered with the arrival of the cable

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom