Queuing a blu-ray film in a playlist ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jeremias, Jul 14, 2015.

1. jeremias

jeremias
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to run my projection from a PC connected to a couple of external Blu-ray/DVD drives and to use VLC player or something similar to queue up shorts, trailer and feature films for an evening's entertainment. BUT whilst I can easily set up this kind of playlist for DVD-based content, there doesn't appear to be any way to insert a Blu-ray film into the playlist sequence. I've tried at least 10 different software players and they all fall over when asked to queue up a Blu-ray film from one of the external disks as part of a playlist. They will happily play the Bluy-ray as a standalone element, but I want to set up a queue of items (including Blu-ray films) to play in sequence.

Anyone got any ideas whether this is possible ? Thanks

2. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,615
    I don't have a solution with VLC, but I do have a solution.

I have a WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.

If you lump content into a folder, then press play on that folder, it'll play everything in it in order.

When I opened my latest cinema room I did this. I had a short film downloaded from YouTube of cinema curtains opening, then a few old school cinema adverts, then a trailer, then a Dolby/DTS promo, then the main feature.

To do this I needed to transfer the files onto an external HDD, into their own folder, then re-name the files as numbers ('1', '2', etc.) in the order I wanted them to play.

A bit of a faff, but it worked a treat.

Steve W