Questions regarding the Samsung LE40R51 etc.

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by baggiewhite, Oct 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. baggiewhite

baggiewhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks, I'm currently considering buying one of these sets, but have a few questions that existing owners may be able to answer...

I've seen LE40R51, LE40R51B, LE40R51BX models quoted, are these one and the same, or is there a difference that may explain some of the price differences I'm seeing ?

Has anyone connected a Mac Mini to one of these and if so, how did it go ?

Finally, I want to wall mount one of these, I believe they don't come with wall mounting brackets, has anyone wall mounted theirs yet and if so, how ?

Thanks

Mark :confused:

2. dllord

dllord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    They are all the same! and you buy a mounting bracket that costs about £70 for fitting to a wall!

3. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I don't have that one but I do have the smaller 26" model. I have connected my Powerbook to it and the picture looks stunning however there are black borders on either side. This can be rectified using a specific software for the Mac which is equivilant to Powerstrip on the PC although I haven't tried it yet. It allows you to unlock non-standard resolutions on the Mac so you can get a full screen picture. Unfortunately the name escapes me at the moment.