Questions regarding the HTCT60BT

alegl5141

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, realised I'd posted this in the wrong forum originally, so apologies for that

Looking to buy a new soundbar for my TV for general TV and Wii-U usage, two things which can't benefit from my 5.1 surround speaker setup as neither have a digital optical socket. Taken a good look at the review of the HTCT60BT on the main page and am quite impressed by the features it has and the price I've found it for (£109). Now before I buy, I've two concerns:

1. My TV doesn't have a range of sound connections, only RCA (red and white). Will the sound quality suffer dramatically compared to digital? Is there any point me buying it at all if it will only output a basic level of sound?

2. I've noticed it's only 60W, whereas most soundbars seem to be around 300 odd. Again, will such a large difference result in comparatively poorer sound?

It gets a good review so I wouldn't worry too much about the sound.
As for the composite connections, it won't be as good as digital but will still be an upgrade on your tv speakers.

I literally just bought one about 10 mins ago. :)
£113 from amazon as their customer service is second to none.

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking I'd be better off buying a soundbar with HDMI on it as I wouldn't want to hook it up via composite and only get a fake sense of surround sound rather than the actual surround sound offered by the Sony. I've found a few soundbars with HDMI, but what confuses me is that a lot of people don't seem to be getting sound over HDMI with them. I've heard the term HDMI ARC tossed around and my TV only has normal HDMI sockets, not ARC ones, so would that count me out again?

I'd suggest having a read through here - Home AV Reviews | AVForums - for lots of decent reviews on soundbars. I'm only now buying my first one after downgrading from a 5.1 system, so it's all pretty new to me too.
I plan to just use optical from the TV to the soundbar.

That's interesting, the TV I have is an LG LS3400 and according to their website there are no audio output sockets that a soundbar can connect to.

Guess I'm screwed then! Shame, TV's less than 2 years old and don't really want to think about replacing it just yet.

That is strange for a TV that is only 2 years old.
You'd better get an amp and speakers then. I've got some for sale cheap in the classifieds if you are interested.

2 years old as in I bought it about 2 years ago, it's not two years old in manufacturing terms. It's since been discontinued.

Ah well, I was only really going to use it with my Wii-U and TV, already got a 5.1 speaker system for everything else.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom