1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions re US purchased NW HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by milanv57, Aug 24, 2005.

1. milanv57

Standard Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi All
    Need some help/advice on a couple of issues that show my ignorance.
    1 Unit comes with a 110v 60 hz AC adapter. Does not say it is 110-240v. Went into a Sony shop in Tottenham Ct Road where they said an ordinary adapter would do (ie transformer not required), or to buy a universal AC adapter. Checked elsewhere and was told that I needed a transformer. Finally got in touch with Sony US help who referred me to their parts people. They said use a travel adapter. Double checked with support who now say it should only be used with the supplied adapter and will not take 240v. I am confused. Does anyone know what the position is?
    2 In last conversation with Sony support, they said "to transfer the songs from computer to the player, you will have to Authorize the unit to Connect music store. You will not be able to access the Connect.com outside the U.S." Apparently there is a separate Connect-Europe site, but unclear if I connect to that whether it will allow me to do so.

Has anyone else bought a player in the US for use over here? And, if so, were there any issues?