1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions Re: TH-42PW5BX

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pwarren, Feb 24, 2003.

1. pwarren

pwarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just took delivery of my new panasonic TH-42PW5BX plamsa panel on friday, and have to say i am blown away by it. I've went from a 24" sony widescreen tv to this, and you can imagine the culture shock due to the size. Got it from ivojo.co.uk, good service and good price and would not hesitate to recomend, no dead pixels and no transformer hum, so i'm over the moon.

I have a couple of questions for you guys if you could help me out.

I've turned the contrast and brightness down to zero and the picture is still great but what are the optimum settings? I'm a complete novice so any points would be appreciated, I know it's personal taste but don't really know what i'm looking for.

The side panel bars for 4:3 pictures, what's the best setting to avoid screen burn?

Noticed a bit of fuzziness, noise on some DVD's on bright colours, is this my settings? or the dvd player? Can I get rid of it?

Cheers All

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you will be better off getting a setup disk like avia or get someone to calibrate it properly
    here is my settings if this helps

pc imput ntl digital
    picture -13
    brightness -16
    colour temp .normal
    advance settings on
    w/b high r +8
    w/b high b +8
    w/b low r 0
    w/b low b +8

i have them on usa english for fun
    the advance setting are like they are coz i had i bit of a green face problem on some people and copied someone setting on the usforums and it worked for me

component imput
    cinema
    picture -3
    brightness -2
    colour +3
    tint+2
    sharpness 0
    colour temp normal
    all advance on 0
    gamma 2.0

hope this helps

3. pwarren

pwarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply jmack. I'll give those settings a go. By the way, where could i get one of these disks, and do they take you through the set up step by step.

Paul

4. joys_R_us

joys_R_us

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To my limited knowledge Toshiba 42-16 is the equivalent to the Pana 4 series (the previous model). Hence the settings may not make any sense for your display. The 5 series display is technically quite different from the 4 series.