1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions re HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by myepitome, May 26, 2005.

1. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a few quick ones for anyone who owns one...
    1. What's the scrolling like on it? Is it pretty quick?

2. Do you have to make one big playlist to play all your songs...because I own the (brick) Creative Zen xtra and it has the ability to "Play any Track"

3. And I read on a amazon review that the HD5 insists upon grouping your tracks by album rather than artist....is this correct or has that person just not worked it out yet lol

Thankies!

2. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It’s very easy to find your tracks and there are various ways to do it, from the ‘find’ menu it goes like this:

Artist – list of artists - albums from the selected artist – tracks on each album
    Album – list of albums - tracks on the selected album
    Tracks – all of your tracks in alphabetical order
    Genre – list of genre’s – artists within the selected genre – albums from the selected artist – tracks on each album
    New tracks – new albums – tracks on each album
    Initials search – all of your tracks in alphabetical order with a selection box to zoom to the beginning of your selected letter

Pressing play at any of the above points will start playing from the beginning of that list, with ‘shuffle’ and ‘unit’ on it will play just within that section. E.g. pressing play with unit shuffle on, on rock will shuffle within rock only. Without shuffle but with unit on, it will play rock alphabetically and stop and switch off when it gets to the end. With unit off, it will continue to the next genre in alphabetical order.

I think the guy on amazon was complaining about the way that Sonic Stage displays the music, by default by artist and album, but this can be customised easily to show all tracks or genre etc.

Does any of that make sense?

Oh, and scrolling is quite quick, holding the button zooms very fast indeed but it's probably not as quick and certainly not as precise as an ipod scroll wheel.

3. myepitome

myepitome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers! It makes fair enough sense...but obviously a lot more sense when I get mine lol

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Personally I'd say it's a lot more precise than the iPod scroll wheel - you can count the number of button presses for example - but nothing like as quick.

5. Hrochnick

Hrochnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Not once you hold it down and you launch from B to W in 1.5 seconds flat when you wanted to stop at M, or maybe that's just me?

6. wilto

wilto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah hrochnick i know exactly where your coming from although i have so much music on there it takes a while to get anywhere!

7. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have that problem with the hd3 its amazingly slow for about a second and totaly useless than it goes stupidly fast and you cant even see what your on!