Questions, questions:Sanyo PLV-Z1

nunew33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
I am now starting to decorate the cinema room! I am also setting the budget for the extra kit I need for the big screen. I have opted for the Sanyo. But I need to factor in the extras eg proV and cabling.

I have a sony 735, digibox and VCR.

What I want to know is:
1) Do I really need a Pro V or equivelent? Is it an incremental improvement or a step change. On my current TV I cant say there is much difference between composite, RGB or S-Video when using the DVD other than when you use the menu. Is it, like audio, a case of having to have golden eyes to notice the difference?

2) I was thinking of DVD - component, vcr - composit and digibox S-vid and having a PC video cable all channelled in or using a proV and single cabling direct from that. What are the best options with a proV and without a proV?

3)I wouldnt mind a demo of the difference Pro V or deinterlacing makes. But Its hard enough getting a demo of the Projector, only decent place round here is seven oaks, but Ive been trying for 2 weeks. Is there anyone in the northwest who owns one with ProV that is willing to to a demo?

4) Room is 3.5m by 3m was thinking about projector throwing image across the 3.5m (effectivelt 3.2m) and have assumed an image between 100-120 inches. If im sitting directly under projector, will i get screen door with an image that big at that distance?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom