1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions on Sony DRC. Please help.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by konghh, Sep 21, 2001.

1. konghh

konghh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I came across a Sony model with DRC-MF(DRC1250 & DRC100) and another model with DRC-MF(DRC 1250 & DRC Progressive), with the former costing quite a lot more. I think I know what DRC1250 is (from the brochure description, it should be another name for DRC 50 since it double the lines etc). But I am not quite sure what’s the difference between DRC100 and Progressive. I hope someone could enlighten me on what’s the differences in terms of picture quality etc..

Another question. On DRC model, I notice a lot of tinny dots up close. It’s reminds me of a photo with matt finish on DRC and glossy finish on non-DRC model, with the later looking sharper sometimes. Any way to get rid of those dots or to switch off the DRC mode? And I note that with the DRC model, if the signal is bad, it look worst then a corresponding non-DRC model. Why? Some one mentioned about “interlace” but I don’t quite know what that means.

Thanks in advance for any insight to my questions.