Questions on Onkyo TX-NR708

vale69

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone that have this amp can give me the following clarifications:

1- is the pass-through feature selectable/unselectable on the HDMI in order not to intervene on a 1080p source ?

2- What impedance can the headphone input handle ? (i.e. 50 - 350 Ohm, etc...) ? Is it decently amplified ?

3- Is there a pure audio/2 channels function ? Is it well amplified ?

4- does the remote changer have a back light ?

5- are there RCA multichannel analog (5.1/7.1) inputs in order to connect a good quality CD player which will do the decoding ?

Many thanks in advance :)

Petroe

Standard Member
hi,

I bought a TX-NR 708 for Xmas.
I saw, that it has a fan inside, but don't know, whether it should operate all the time (of course, when the amp is on), or not. Mine have not moved yet, and I don't know, what's the reason of that.

Will it just flow the air, when it's getting too hot (reaches a certain temperature)?
Or should it always rotate, and I got a faulty one? :)

Could someone check this on his/her own receiver?
It can be seen with a flashlight through the top of the unit.

Thanks in advance for your help,
and Merry Christmas!

cagenuts

Standard Member
1- is the pass-through feature selectable/unselectable on the HDMI in order not to intervene on a 1080p source ?
Yes if you mean to not up convert. Only via the receiver though, not with the remote.

3- Is there a pure audio/2 channels function ? Is it well amplified ?
Yes there is and it seems fine to me although not as loud as there is no processing.

4- does the remote changer have a back light ?
When you press a button, the light behind the button lights up.

5- are there RCA multichannel analog (5.1/7.1) inputs in order to connect a good quality CD player which will do the decoding ?
Yes there are.

Top Bottom