Question Questions on "budget friendly" 65in+

cctaylor88

Novice Member
I haven't bought a large HD television in many years, long story short, new home, need a large TV to mount over the fireplace etc etc.

I'm not a TV/Audio/Moviephile and don't need the best of the best cutting edge technology, but of course I don't want to spend over a grand on a completely "meh" TV either. I'm looking for (preferably 70in) at least 65 inches with decent picture quality and wondering where to turn to first.

I have been eyeballing the Vizio E or M series and would like to know specifically if the differences are worth the jump in price. For example what exactly is XLED and is XLED "plus" noticeable? Wide Color Gamut, the M has "Ultra Color Spectrum" whereas the E has N/A, what exactly are we talking about here? The M offers double (32 instead of 16) "Local Dimming Zones" is this even noticeable to the naked eye (again, I'm not an extreme enthusiast).

TL;dr I've had good past experiences with Vizio and wondering if the E or M series is good for the money. I'm free to any brand recommendation.

Side note there is a display model of the Samsung un75ju6500 (75in) for about $1,700 at the local Best Buy. How would this TV stack up against the Vizio E series?

JojoPetals2

I am over in the USA. You best bet is the upcoming 2017 TCL P Series. 72 Zone, DolbyVision, built in Roku. The 55" TCL P Series is out next week for $599 and the 65" later this summer for $995. If you need something now try to find a 2016 Vizio P or M series. It is exactly the same display as the 2017. Once you take the firmware update they will perform the same. XLED is just a marketing term to describe the 32 zone FALD.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom