Questions I need help with

ttdriver

Hi All,

I am considering buying an HD box off ebay or the likes and installing it myself. I already have a quad LNB to install too.

What I am wondering is if I do so will sky refuse to offer me HD service as I installed and bought myself?

Dave

wulliecoutts

Hi All,

I am considering buying an HD box off ebay or the likes and installing it myself. I already have a quad LNB to install too.

What I am wondering is if I do so will sky refuse to offer me HD service as I installed and bought myself?

Dave

in short no if you subscribe to there hd package i cant see a problem.

perhaps ...

thfccambs

Banned
Hi All,

Dave

I've brought 2 HD boxs from ebay,you will have to pair your card and upgrade to HD channels but you won't have any problems at all.

M

mrapriliafalco

I also bought mine from Ebay which arrived the next day(better than most stores) and now works a treat.Just had to phone sky to activate the card.:smashin:

Zooks

Unless you can get it for less than £165 inc postage I would use Midsat as you have a proper point of contact if anything goes wrong.

Be aware you have to sign up for min 12 months HD subs wherever you buy from despite what ebay sellers claim.

Sky don't care where the box came from or who installed it. You won't have any issues with them.

I connected mine up yesterday, did the forced software download and service menu/callback bits and called sky. No problems whatsoeve.

Be aware that the forced software download bit only updates to the last version before Anytime so the box will shutdown and update itself later.

google for midsat as i'm not sure if i am allowed to post a link.

thfccambs

Banned
Unless you can get it for less than £165 inc postage I would use Midsat as you have a proper point of contact if anything goes wrong.

Be aware you have to sign up for min 12 months HD subs wherever you buy from despite what ebay sellers claim.

:nono:
Complete rubbish,i have a HD box on multi room and i didn't have to sign up for HD sub.That was brought of ebay.Just paired my card and away i went.

Zooks

:nono:
Complete rubbish,i have a HD box on multi room and i didn't have to sign up for HD sub.That was brought of ebay.Just paired my card and away i went.

The sky HD t & c are clear about the minimum term for their service is 12 months from the date the HD service is enabled. If you have not signed up for HD and only paired your card then you are correct but you only get the BBC HD demo channel.
I presume you don't pay for sky+ as you pay for multiroom?

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom