Questions from a newbie

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by cmcmahon, Mar 26, 2006.

1. cmcmahon

cmcmahon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have pre-registered and have a few questions if anyone can help.

Will it be possible to have a Sky+, SkyHD and normal Digibox on the same dish and would this effect the quality in any way?

I have Sky+ with the Multiroom option already on my subscription and will be looking to add the SkyHD box to another TV in a different room (Samsung HD).

I imagine that I will only have to pay the extra £10 subscription per month for the SkyHD service as per the pricing plan?

Also, does the SkyHD box need to be connected to a phone line for the first period of subscription like Sky+ had to?

Thanks and sorry for the obvious questions :thumbsup: ,
    Christian

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    You will need 5 feeds from the dish so SKY would supply an OCTO LNB, there should be no issues with reception if the installation is done right:)

If you want to have all 3 boxes accessing subscription channels then you will need another multiroom card, another £10 a month and yep all three boxes will require a phone connection.
    To get the HD channels on the SKY+ HD you will need to pay the extra £10 and yes a phone connection is required but that's a given since you are multiroom.

3. cmcmahon

cmcmahon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate.