1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for newbie

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by galewis, Jan 30, 2004.

1. galewis

galewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys..... I've finally made a decision to ditch my KV36FS70 and go for an LCD Projector. I haven't yet decided between the Panasonic AE500 or the Sanyo Z2. I'm planning a throw of no more than 3 metres max. If you know that either of these wouldn't be suitable for such a short throw, please let me know.

Anyhow, I need to connect up my Toshiba SD-900 DVD player, my grundig SKY digital box, and a PS2. I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what leads I need to get to get this set up with the optimum connections?

Thanks..... Gary

2. Rad

Rad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Gary,

You can get the throw lengths from http://www.projectorcentral.com/

I'm not sure about connecting but I'd suspect component for your DVD and S-Video for your SKY box (I think the Gundig has this).
    I'm not sure about the PS2 as I don't have one.

Do you have an amp with S-Video switching if so then you could probably use this to switch between the Sky and your PS2 (if it does S-Video).

Cheers,
    Rich.